Chinese vet, 53, dies of deadly Monkey B virus after catching it in lab

Chinese authorities have confirmed their first human death from the horrific monkey B virus.

The virus is a form of herpes that normally only occurs in primates but can cause nausea, vomiting, fever, headache,

fatigue, muscle pains, and blistering in humans.

However, The Chinese Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CCDC) said the 53-year-old vet died in May after dissecting

two dead primates believed to be macaques, as part of his experimental research.

The man reportedly experienced symptoms of the virus after working on the animals and eventually died in hospital.

Furthermore, The CCDC warns that anyone working on primates could potentially be in harm by the infection, which rarely jumps

from monkeys to humans, according to a report.

So, The virus is causing concern among the scientific community.

According to the United States Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), it is “extremely rare” for humans to be

infected with the virus, which it says can cause “severe brain damage or death if you do not

get treatment immediately”.

Several cases of rare or largely unknown diseases have caused alarm in recent months, including the news a Texas

resident returning from Nigeria was hospitalized with monkeypox, which has a 1% chance of being fatal.

By Taiyelolu A

Also Follow:

https://broommedia.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=post

https://www.facebook.com/broomsnews/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *